Migration in the Election
Immigration is a major policy issue in the UK political debate. This area of the website collates several pieces of research that the Migration Observatory produced to inform debates about migration ahead of the 2015 election.
Election 2015 briefing series
- UK Migration Policy since the 2010 General Election
- Immigration and Jobs: The Labour Market Effects of Immigration
- Fiscal Impacts of Migration to the UK
- Enforcement: Removals and Departures of People Violating Immigration Law
- Migration and Welfare Benefits
- Impacts of Migration on Local Public Services
- Why do International Migrants Come to the UK?
- State of the nation: The immigration numbers game
- Recent migrant workers in the UK labour market: What has changed in the last five years?